This collection of striking door handles are made using molten Bronze flowing into cavities within a sand mould. This casting process leaves light surface indentations to bestow a rustic appearance.
A light bronze patina is then applied by hand on the cast bronze, creating a country style appearance.
Over a period of time the bronze colour will lighten along any edges, and on surfaces frequently touched, creating a naturally aged appearance as the solid bronze beneath is slowly exposed.
When untouched the finish may darken as the bronze oxidises.
As this is a "living" finish, there will be slight variation in hue and tone, no two pieces being identical, adding to the rustic nature of the pieces.
- The Ashfield Door Handle.
- Manufactured from solid bronze.
- Backplate: 178mm x 48mm.
- Projection: 64mm.
- Suitable for internal/external use except marine/coastal environments.
- Supplied without locks/latches, which do I need for these door handles ?
- Priced and supplied in pairs.